Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Diablo 3 new art

Remember the big discussion about Diablo 3 getting TOO SUNNY for a dark fantasy game? The fans had to re-do screenshots in Photoshop just to make their point that a darker Diablo is called for – no green fields.

In public Blizzard remained adamant about the art direction but since then they have let the Art Director go and lo and behold – the updated screenshots look very much LIKE Diablo 2!

Check out the desert screenshot below – I did some minor sharpening in Photoshop but I must say it looks like Act II (Lut Gholein). Mercifully, the green grass has been removed and the characters look dark and desperate!
diablo 3 area


3 comments:

Rick said...

I still agree that D3 must have the original dark, gothic look (aka D2/Lod).
And, since the graphics technology has improved immensely this could only be a better experience with D3.
Instead of this "new" Blizzard arrogantly defying anyone who had disagreed, they should have HIRED those people who managed to carry on the original look, feel,..., of D2/LoD by touching it up !

Finally, this co-called "New" Blizzard doesn't give a rats petubie about you and me.
WHY?! 'cause they have their cash-cow's WoW, Starcraft, ..., so they will make it like WoW if they want too. They even don't care if D3 EVER GETS RELEASED !!!
Comon, just look how they've treated us with their lying release dates.
Now what does that tell the real "D" fans? eh?!
I really don't think Blizz "CAN" make it like the original D2/LoD -I mean its pretty obvious now that almost all the original developers, progs, ... that created D2 have long since gone to help create other games like Guild Wars, ....

being negative about it all is one thing, but being foolishly hopeful is another.
So just like Blizzard, I DON'T care if/when they ecer release D3.
I still got D2/LoD, I got Guild Wars 2 soon, I got ...
;)
EEEFFFFF U BLiz !

Kimpton Computers said...

Personally, I just love the effort and skill involved in the creation of these games. The Diablo 3 Artwork is some of the best in the industry.

Unknown said...

I can't see wanting to play through the game by myself again. It's one of the super game after over a decade.

- Cheap WoW Gold